Entries are now open for the 2024 Jacaranda Art Prize.
The Jacaranda Art Prize is themed on the Jacaranda in bloom (Oct/Nov) and welcomes entries from emerging and established artists working across any medium (including painting, drawing, photography, mixed media, and sculpture) of works 30x30cm (including frame or mount).
$15 per entry. Entries close 1pm, 16 December 2023
1st Prize - Best in Show
$700 cash prize by presenting partner Jayco Mildura
2nd Prize - Commended
$400 cash prize
3rd Prize - Best use of medium
$400 cash prize
Under 18's - Nurture Award
Art pack valued over $150
Peoples choice award
$200 cash prize
The annual prize was established to promote culturally diverse artistic endeavours, showcase talent in the Mallee, Nurture young emerging artists and provide a community platform where local art can be viewed, studied, critiqued, and sold.
Works will be exhibited from 7 - 26 January 2024, with winners announced for 1st, 2nd and 3rd Prizes and Under 18’s Nurture Award on the 7 January at The Red cliffs Country Markets and the People’s Choice Award announced on the 26 January.
Once registered - pay your registration fee here.
For further information email Rohan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Artwork must be clearly labelled on the back with:
- Phone number
- Age bracket (under 18/Over 18)
- Artwork title
- Sale price (including 25% commission) if applicable
- The date of artwork completion
- Artworks must be ready to hang with a wire or hook attached.
- Limit of 4 entries per person.
- All works must be made solely by the artist and be the property of the artist.
- All competition fees are non-refundable.
- Artists will receive a receipt of entry upon lodgement.
- To enter the fee is $15.00 per entry (inclusive of GST).
- Sale of works include a 25% commission.
- Entries & delivery of works close 16 December 2023 at 1pm.
- In the event of excessive applications. The panel will hang and display at their discretion.
- Unless sold, works to be collected by 27 January 2024.
- The judges shall be appointed by Workspace 3496 in such number and of such qualification as it sees fit at its sole discretion.
- Peoples’ Choice award will be via ballot box open to community from 9am 7 January 2024 till 4pm 26 January.
- The people’s choice winner to be announced Friday 26 January 2023.
For further information or to obtain a PDF application form please email Rohan at email@example.com