Entries are now open for the 2023 Jacaranda Art Prize. The inaugural prize is to become an annual event showcasing our wonderful jacarandas in bloom.
The Jacaranda Art Prize is themed on the Jacaranda in bloom (Oct/Nov) and welcomes entries from emerging and established artists working across any medium (including painting, drawing, photography, mixed media, and sculpture) of works 30x30cm.
$15 per entry. Entries close 4pm, 23rd December 2022
$500 cash prize by TASCO Petroleum
Under 18s Nurture award
Art pack valued at $180 by Sqre Edge
Peoples choice award
$100 Workspace 3496 voucher
The annual prize was established to promote culturally diverse artistic endeavours, showcase talent in the Mallee, Nurture young emerging artists and provide a community platform where local art can be viewed, studied, critiqued, and sold.
Works will be exhibited from 2nd – 28th January 2023, with winners announced for 1st Prize and Under 18’s Nurture Award on the 2nd January at The Red cliffs Country Markets and the People’s Choice Award on the Saturday 28th January.
Complete the registration form online here.
Pay your registration fee here.
For further information email Rohan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Artwork must be clearly labelled on the back with:
- Phone number
- Age bracket (under 18/Over 18)
- Artwork title
- Sale price (including 20% commission) if applicable
- The date of artwork completion
- Limit of 4 entries per person.
- All works must be made solely by the artist and be the property of the artist.
- Artworks must have a wire or hook to hang.
- All competition fees are non-refundable.
- Artists will receive a receipt of entry upon lodgement.
- To enter the fee is $15.00 per entry (inclusive of GST).
- Sale of works include a 20% commission.
- Entries & delivery of works close 23 December 2022 at 4pm.
- In the event of excessive applications. The panel will hang and display at their discretion.
- Unless sold, works to be collected by 4th February 2023.
- The judges shall be appointed by Workspace 3496 in such number and of such qualification as it sees fit at its sole discretion.
- Peoples’ Choice award will be via ballot box open to community from 10am 11th January till 4pm 27th January. The people’s choice winner to be announced Saturday 28th January.